The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit organisation supporting people in conflict in their efforts to achieve sustainable peace.
We engage with all relevant state and non-state actors to support dialogue, mediation and negotiation processes. Grounded in a nexus of practice, learning and research, our work spans many regions and societies, encompassing conflicts between and within states, whether new or entrenched. We also work to address underlying social grievances which, if ignored, deepen divisions and inflame tensions. Our work is underpinned by the principles of partnership, inclusivity, sustainability and local ownership.
Type of Organisation
- Non governmental organization (NGO)
Areas of Interest
- Climate Change & Conflict
- Community Peacebuilding
- Demobilisation, Disarmament and Reintegration (DDR)
- Dialogue and mediation
- Peace & Justice
- Peace education
- Refugee / Internally Displaced Peoples' rights and/or support
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Capacity Building / Training
- Lobby & Advocacy
- Project Implementation