Bund für Soziale Verteidigung/Federation for Social Defence
The Federation for Social Defence (German: Bund für Soziale Verteidigung, BSV) is an independent, non-governmental organisation based in Minden, Germany, that unites people and organisations of pacifist and antimilitarist conviction. Its goal is to create a society that can do without wars and other violence. Conflicts should be resolved in a non-violent, non-military, civilian basis. The BSV was founded 1989.
Fields of work:
• Domestic civil conflict transformation (peacebuilding, work in schools, pilot project on working with refugees, work against hatred in the Internet);
• Advocacy for international civil conflict transformation, especially civil peacekeeping
• Peace policy and resistance to militarization
• Peace Service through the support of Nonviolent Peaceforce and membership in forumZFD.
The international work consists primarily of our membership in War Resisters' International, supporting the work of Nonviolent Peaceforce, working with a civil rights organization ("Our House") in Belarus, and with partners in Turkey.
Type of Organisation
- Non governmental organization (NGO)
Areas of Interest
- Dialogue and mediation
- Peace education
- Capacity Building / Training