Rwenzori Information Centres Network (RIC-NET)
Rwenzori Information Centres Network (RICNET) is an indigenous NGO in Uganda that uses innovative ways (ICT and social platforms) in promoting the human rights of social excluded communities and children in Uganda. The organisation provides a platform for collective reflection, action and voice for children, youth, minorities, vulnerable and socially excluded communities in Uganda.
Informed and active citizens in a prosperous, just and democratic society
Facilitate Information sharing, partnerships and unlocking potentials for inclusive sustainable development.
1. To strengthen community transformation process and mechanism that address social exclusion, Human rights violation, conflicts, VAC, SGBV, child marriage and early unions among adolescents.
2. To promote integration of human rights based approaches into sustainable community development and youth empowerment.
3. To facilitate multi-stakeholder collaboration, partnerships and capacity building among civil society.
4. To build information based society through community led documentation, action research and advocacy.
Community Empowerment and Youth (CEY); Social Inclusion and Rights (SIR); Technology for Accountability and Development (TAD); Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation (CAM); Action Research and Advocacy (ARA).
Type of Organisation
- Non governmental organization (NGO)
Areas of Interest
- Community Peacebuilding
- Dialogue and mediation
- Peaceful Elections
- Refugee / Internally Displaced Peoples' rights and/or support
- Capacity Building / Training
- Lobby & Advocacy
- Project Implementation